Mr. Fish is a native of Battle Creek, Michigan. He attended Michigan State University, where he graduated with a degree in Business Administration in 1975. He attended Cooley Law School and obtained his law degree with honors in 1978. Mr. Fish joined the Kalamazoo based law firm James, Dark & Brill in 1979 and practiced there for over 40 years until its merger with Lennon Miller in 2021.
Mr. Fish is a member of the Kalamazoo County Bar Association, the State Bar of Michigan, the Michigan Defense Trial Counsel and the American Bar Association. Mr. Fish is AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible peer review rating available.
- Michigan State University (B.A. 1975)
- Cooley Law School (J.D. 1978)
For over 40 years, Mr. Fish has been principally involved in insurance defense litigation. Mr. Fish has represented individuals and insurance carriers in a wide array of matters, including:
- first- and third-party automobile litigation
- premises liability
- construction liability
- products liability
- dog bites
- professional liability
- watercraft liability
- trust litigation
- insurance coverage litigation
- other personal and commercial litigation
Mr. Fish has tried over 100 jury trials throughout Michigan and has successfully handled cases before the Michigan Court of Appeals, the US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court.
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court